Windows 7 Windows Live Messenger Not Working

Sy1981

I am using windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Windows Essentials are installed, it works fine then when I restart my computer it wont even open. The hour glass is on for a second then it wont open.

Last edited:
tried, it works fine until I restart it. then it wont open but sits on the bar next to the start button

Tks for posting

I installed hotmail,chat and movie maker from the widows live and keep getting this 0x80004004 error code?
Any help would be great.
This is my second time trying to install.

tried, it works fine until I restart it. then it wont open but sits on the bar next to the start button

I have the exact opposite problem... It's a nightmare trying to kill it all the time.

What happens when you close it and reopen?

There is no compatibility for windows 7 in the options.
Goes as high as Vista SP2,tried even in Vista SP2 but still error.

The install of messenger defaults to window 7... however if you run it as Vista it will minimize to the task bar rather than hidden icons menu.

You must have done an upgrade. Something from the old days is lingering and causing problems.

The install of messenger defaults to window 7... however if you run it as Vista it will minimize to the task bar rather than hidden icons menu.

You must have done an upgrade. Something from the old days is lingering and causing problems.

I totaly have redone my computer and even deleted windows old.
Still get error.

The error states..
Windows live could not write value to key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.................................
Verify that you have sufficent access to that key

Also is says: Looks like another program is preventing the installer from working.hr:0x80070643

I tryed to install windows live id update today and it failed.I tryed again later in the day and it installed...problem solved.

Back