Windows 7 Windows Mail scan error?

Nade85

Hello. We just recently updated a new Windows 7 machine with Adobe Acrobat X (standard). Prior to the new Win7 machine, the user was on a Vista machine with Windows Mail and has a Cannon scanner with the MP Navigator software. After migrating data from the Vista machine to the 7 machine, we configured the same scanner software (with updated drivers) on the new 7 machine. After scanning a document within the scanner software, there is a button to "attach to email". On the original Vista machine, we were able to click this button and a new email would generate via Windows Mail with the scanned document attached. However, when trying these same steps on the 7 machine, we receive an error prompt:

MP Navigator EX Warning: Failed to send e-mail. Check your mail program settings and try again.

I verified that Windows Mail is the default mail program. What do you think the cause of the error is? Furthermore, how could I resolve the auto scan to email issue?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

The message you are receiving is in error. Windows Mail is NOT the default client. Aklthough seen in the lisy of programs, it does not work. There is no incorporated mail program, in fact. You must download Microsoft Live, which is free. It is a small suite of programs, but you have the option to only choose those you use. Alternatively, I read that Thunderbird, also free, is a good replacement if you do not want too big a learning curve.

The message you are receiving is in error. Windows Mail is NOT the default client. Aklthough seen in the lisy of programs, it does not work. There is no incorporated mail program, in fact. You must download Microsoft Live, which is free. It is a small suite of programs, but you have the option to only choose those you use. Alternatively, I read that Thunderbird, also free, is a good replacement if you do not want too big a learning curve.

Interesting...i have a verizon account linked to the Windows Live Mail (i thought it was just called Windows Mail). If I am understanding correctly, i should still download the Microsoft Live suite? Will this resolve the scan error? If I understand correctly, this would help me pick my "default" email program. Thanks for your insight. I will try this next. Any other ideas?

Interesting...i have a verizon account linked to the Windows Live Mail (i thought it was just called Windows Mail). If I am understanding correctly, i should still download the Microsoft Live suite? Will this resolve the scan error? If I understand correctly, this would help me pick my "default" email program. Thanks for your insight. I will try this next. Any other ideas?

If you download and install Windows live mail, there being no other in W7, it will automatically become the default. I don't know how it works with Verizon, since I do not use it, but maybe someone/member who does have it will know the solution????

Later:

You do need to have Windows Live mail installed
Found this

http://www.ehow.com/how_6756098_set-up-pop3-mail-verizon.html

Last edited:
If you download and install Windows live mail, there being no other in W7, it will automatically become the default. I don't know how it works with Verizon, since I do not use it, but maybe someone/member who does have it will know the solution????

Later:

You do need to have Windows Live mail installed
Found this

How to Set Up POP3 Mail With Verizon | eHow.com

ok I will try this man, thanks a lot. Will report back here with results upon completion.

Back