Windows 7 Windows Mail used in Windows 7?

CaptMorgan

Honorable Member
I'm going to upgrade my wife's OS from XP to Windows 7. I think she will be happier with Windows Mail (that appeared with Vista) instead of Windows Live Mail. It has a look that will be more familiar to her.

Can I use Windows Mail in Windows 7 instead of Windows Live Mail?

If you search the forums, there are a couple of posts about it. I understand it can be done.

I'm going to upgrade my wife's OS from XP to Windows 7. I think she will be happier with Windows Mail (that appeared with Vista) instead of Windows Live Mail. It has a look that will be more familiar to her.

Can I use Windows Mail in Windows 7 instead of Windows Live Mail?

CaptMorgan,

Please note that when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 you will not have an "in place upgrade" option. You will however have the option to select "custom" install when prompted. The Windows 7 install process will then copy all of your data in "My Documents" over to a Windows.old folder within Windows 7 itself. All applications and documents stored in other locations will have to be reinstalled / transferred manually.

For more information on the Windows 7 Upgrade, please go here: http://bit.ly/3DvynK

For additional assistance with the migration of Windows XP to Windows 7, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/mhbep4

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Regarding the above post, which appears frequently. There are several other alternatives to this forum/site. My personal observation is, that with a single exception, this site is tops. The site which JessicaD keeps referring to is the official Microsft technet site here:
Windows 7 | Support, Deployment, Resources

I am often there, under another name, but it is very large and can be a little unfriendly to navigate. Sites such as this (Windows7forums) are often quicker and easier to get a straight answer.

Well, after using Windows Live Mail for a few days I came to see that, although different from Windows Mail, it is also much better. Enough so that it will be worthwhile for my wife to "bone up" on a new and different email program and start using it. So I guess my original question is no longer relevant for me anyway. Thanks.

Regarding the above post, which appears frequently. There are several other alternatives to this forum/site. My personal observation is, that with a single exception, this site is tops. The site which JessicaD keeps referring to is the official Microsft technet site here:
Windows 7 | Support, Deployment, Resources

I am often there, under another name, but it is very large and can be a little unfriendly to navigate. Sites such as this (Windows7forums) are often quicker and easier to get a straight answer.

RAK,

Yes the Windows 7 Support forums available on Microsoft's TechNet site is vast and full of plenty of information. The previous links I provided however were direct links to information on the upgrade process and the Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration support, delpoyment and resources page. Whenever possible, I will provide direct links for information and support. Also, I am available on this site to futher assist anyone with Windows 7 issues.

Thank you for your support.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

I think that Live Mail looks and works great with 7. I imported my contacts and it's ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom