Windows 7 windows media player can't play dvd

sims

I can't seem to play DVD's using Windows Media player. I get this "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings." I thought maybe it was my video driver, however, I rolled it back and it still didn't work. I installed the K-Lite mega codec pack, but that didn't work. However, the Media Player Classic which got installed with the codec pack works, although I don't really like the program. VLC wasn't working either, however, I reinstalled that and it's working fine now. I'm just curious as to why my media player won't play dvd's. It's the program that I usually used to play DVD's. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

Joe,

I followed you link. I guess I should have mentioned in my first post that I'm running Windows 7 Home premium. Anyways, the link you provided says this "Windows 7 Home Premium, Ultimate, and Enterprise come with DVD playback capability built in." The plugins listed are for XP or Vista only. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Back