Windows 7 Windows Media Player opening randomly and not allowing access to other programs

vagabond251

I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit and am having trouble with Windows Media Player. I have run Spybot Search and Destroy as well as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and McAfee. Spybot, for the last several weeks has constantly picked up problems with every scan. I have checked under msconfig what services and what not are opening on start up and unchecked or deleted anything suspicious.

I additionally went through a cleaning process involving programs such as Combo Fix and SUPER Anti-Spyware that were suggested on another forum from someone seeming to have the same problem as myself. I have tried doing all of this in safe mode as well but the problem keeps coming back.

It's difficult to remember when this started but the most recent change I made to my system was changing my Windows CD-Key to be Genuine.

I have almost found no one with the same problem through Google searches and am looking for help. Any would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, please let me know if I should provide any additional information.

Back
Top Bottom