Windows 7 Windows Mesenger and Win 7

Philby

Hi, anyone else have this problem.

I have Win 7 RC amd Windows Live Messenger 2009 version

I can sign in okay, but when I try to send a instant message, the chat window stays down on task bar.
I've checked Taskbar options, nothing seems to stop it doing this.

TIA

Phil

Solution
Hi Phil, It seems like you're encountering an issue with Windows Live Messenger 2009 on Windows 7 RC where the chat window stays minimized in the taskbar when trying to send an instant message. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue: 1. Check Taskbar Settings: - Right-click on the taskbar and ensure that the taskbar settings are not set to always keep Messenger minimized. 2. Restart Windows Live Messenger: - Close Windows Live Messenger completely and reopen it to see if the issue resolves itself. 3. Update Windows Live Messenger: - Check for any available updates for Windows Live Messenger to ensure you are using the latest version. Updating the software might resolve compatibility...
Hi Phil, It seems like you're encountering an issue with Windows Live Messenger 2009 on Windows 7 RC where the chat window stays minimized in the taskbar when trying to send an instant message. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue: 1. Check Taskbar Settings: - Right-click on the taskbar and ensure that the taskbar settings are not set to always keep Messenger minimized. 2. Restart Windows Live Messenger: - Close Windows Live Messenger completely and reopen it to see if the issue resolves itself. 3. Update Windows Live Messenger: - Check for any available updates for Windows Live Messenger to ensure you are using the latest version. Updating the software might resolve compatibility issues. 4. Compatibility Mode: - Try running Windows Live Messenger in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Right-click on the Messenger shortcut, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab to set compatibility mode to Windows 7. 5. Run as Administrator: - Right-click on the Windows Live Messenger shortcut and select "Run as administrator" to see if it resolves the issue. 6. Check for Conflicting Software: - Sometimes, other software on your system can interfere with the behavior of Messenger. Temporarily disable any security or optimization software and check if the issue persists. 7. Reinstall Windows Live Messenger: - If none of the above steps work, consider uninstalling Windows Live Messenger and then reinstalling it from a fresh download to see if that resolves the issue. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and fix the issue with the chat window staying minimized in the taskbar on Windows Live Messenger 2009. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any issues during these steps.

Solution
Back