Windows 7 Windows open delay

fckmayday

Hello, i have got the following problem. I have been using Windows 7 for more than a month and recently I've noticed a big delay while opening every windows and sub folders( more than a second). What should I do? I have got recent updates, Kaspersky Antivirus (no viruses in it) It's a x64 version, my pc look like following:

striker extreme motherboard (680i), 4 GB RAM Geil 800 mhz, q6600 @ 3 ghz, 8800 GT.

It's very annoying while opening many windows and working on files. Additionally i can mention that the same delay occurs while pressing RMB

Regards, fck.

Hello, i have got the following problem. I have been using Windows 7 for more than a month and recently I've noticed a big delay while opening every windows and sub folders( more than a second). What should I do? I have got recent updates, Kaspersky Antivirus (no viruses in it) It's a x64 version, my pc look like following:

striker extreme motherboard (680i), 4 GB RAM Geil 800 mhz, q6600 @ 3 ghz, 8800 GT.

It's very annoying while opening many windows and working on files. Additionally i can mention that the same delay occurs while pressing RMB

Regards, fck.

I am beginning to woder if Kaspersky is causing my system some delays but not as long as yours with more than a second , if it was me I would be watching processes and checking to see if anything else is hogging resources ?

I have been watching CPU usage for quite a long period. There is nothing worrying in my system behavior. Moreover, games run smooth, system boots and shuts down with usual time... Only windows... Quite strange, isn't it? However, I'll try uninstalling Kaspersky and using something esle.

Regards, fck.

I have been watching CPU usage for quite a long period. There is nothing worrying in my system behavior. Moreover, games run smooth, system boots and shuts down with usual time... Only windows... Quite strange, isn't it? However, I'll try uninstalling Kaspersky and using something esle.

Regards, fck.

maybe try have a poke around in event viewer to see if you can spot anything untoward ??

go to control panel click performance information and tools then advanced , if there's anything obviously wrong maybe windows wil have flagged it up with an exclamation mark at the top , and if theres nothing obvious then goto view performance details in event log and see if you can find anything :cool:

Omg...everything works fine now. Thank you very much for your help. The problem was my new external Seagate HDD, when I had connected it, windows index was not updated and needed refresh. I did it, everythiong works fine now.

Regards, fck.

Omg...everything works fine now. Thank you very much for your help. The problem was my new external Seagate HDD, when I had connected it, windows index was not updated and needed refresh. I did it, everythiong works fine now.

Regards, fck.

did you discover this as flagged up by windows as a possible problem ?

glad it's fixed btw :)

Back
Top Bottom