Windows server 2022 hidden idle?

Sjsbdjdh222

Hi. I have a problem using windows server 2022. I use an an edge extension software that runs automatically but the problem is as soon as the microsoft edge window isn't highlighted (up) the software starts to slow down and i notice the CPU usage decline. This does not happen if i have the edge window up. This software runs on any chromium browsers snd the same happens on all of those too (chrome, brave etc). I'm suspecting windows is forcing it to idle somehow but I've disabled all that in settings and have it on max power usage without any sleep/hinernation/screen shutdown option on. Anything else I might have missed?

It seems like you're facing an issue where a specific software extension running within Microsoft Edge (and other Chromium-based browsers) slows down or experiences reduced CPU usage when the browser window is not in focus or minimized. While you've already taken some steps to address the issue, there are a few more troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check Background Processes Settings:
In "Privacy & Security," select "Background apps" and make sure that "Let apps run in the background" is enabled.

Power Plan Settings:
In Windows Server 2022, ensure that you are using a high-performance power plan. Go to the Control Panel, navigate to Power Options, and select "High performance."

Task Manager Priority:
While your Chromium-based browser is running, open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc). Right-click on the browser process and set its priority to "High" or "Realtime" to ensure it receives more CPU resources. Exercise caution with the "Realtime" priority, as it can cause instability when used with critical system processes.

Browser Settings:
Check your browser's settings for power-saving options or resource limitations for background tabs. Some browsers have settings that restrict resources allocated to background tabs.

System Resource Monitoring:
While running your browser and extension, monitor system resource usage using the Windows Performance Monitor. This can help identify if specific resources are being limited when the browser is not in focus.

If none of these solutions work, it's advisable to contact Microsoft's technical support to resolve this issue.

Back
Top Bottom