Windows Vista Windows Updates

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft has released three non-critical updates for Windows Vista. The first is the most important, as it is a general update to improve reliability and stability, available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The other two updates are more specific, one being to extend the File Management APIs to enable discovery and recovery of deleted files from both non-encrypted and Bitlocker encrypted volumes, available in 32-bit and 64-bit; the other being an update designed to resolve latency issues with certificates where the SIA extension is installed, again in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Well, I don't know if I need it, but I am in favor of any update that helps me recover files. Hope it doesn't cause a security issue, you know how HP's are.

I've got a quick question, if you don't mind. I NEVER update Vista (or Windows in general) with the exception of service packs. I'm always afraid that if I update, something will mess up on my computer. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

It's usually very beneficial to keep up to date with updates.. I have my WU utility set to 'check for updates but let me decide wether to dowload and install them'.

It is wise to have the updates on. I use the same settings as Kemical, as there are a couple of functions I do not need updates for (Microsoft Outlook and all those extra languages, for example!)A word of warning though. I have no strong moral views on pirating. I have always been able to get genuine copies of the Microsoft releases. But whether with deliberate intent, or through natural circumstance, some of the updates can cripple an illegal OS.