Windows Vista Minor Problem, Need help.

Hi there,
I have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on my computer, It works fine ecept for when I try to install some video drivers it comes up with the message "You Need To Be In Administrator Mode" half way through the installation. I went and checked and I am in administrator mode, there is only the one account on this computer and its the administrator one.

How do I fix this, Its quite urgent.

Thanks,
BIGDANW

Waxinator

Yes, you are an administrator but normally you have to confirm privileged tasks via a pop-up sign.
To allow privileged tasks to be automatically confirmed during a program installation, you have to
Right click the installation file (setup.exe) and select “Run as administrator”.

Jim Haynes

Lifetime Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
All of the above are solutions, which I have used myself, but sometimes also turning off UAC and doing the install, then turning it back on, is another solution to your problem although inconvenient.

All of the above are solutions, which I have used myself, but sometimes also turning off UAC and doing the install, then turning it back on, is another solution to your problem although inconvenient.
That's what I did but I never turned it back on cause it was a PITA ;)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.