Windows 7 Windows7 and NAS

Amity

I have an issue I cannot resolve. I just installed Windows 7 on one of our computers and everything went great. I can connect to all my network drives and my NAS but when I try and run an application file I get an error “The parameter is incorrect.” I can copy this folder to my local drive or my servers share drive and it will run fine. I cannot figure out why I can see everything but I cannot run an application, I can open text files fine. I believe it is related to security settings in Windows 7 but cannot figure out where.

Any help would be great.
Thanks Kevin

Solution
It seems like you're encountering an issue with running application files on a Windows 7 computer after a successful installation. The error message "The parameter is incorrect" can be quite frustrating, especially when everything else seems to be working fine. This issue could indeed be related to security settings or permissions on your system. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue: 1. Check File Permissions: - Ensure that the application file you're trying to run has the appropriate permissions set for your user account. Right-click on the application file, select "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, and make sure your user account has the necessary permissions to execute the...
It seems like you're encountering an issue with running application files on a Windows 7 computer after a successful installation. The error message "The parameter is incorrect" can be quite frustrating, especially when everything else seems to be working fine. This issue could indeed be related to security settings or permissions on your system. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue: 1. Check File Permissions: - Ensure that the application file you're trying to run has the appropriate permissions set for your user account. Right-click on the application file, select "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, and make sure your user account has the necessary permissions to execute the file. 2. Run as Administrator: - Try running the application as an administrator. Right-click on the application file and select "Run as administrator." This bypasses some security restrictions that might be causing the error. 3. Compatibility Mode: - If the application is an older program, trying running it in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows. Right-click on the application file, go to "Properties," and then the "Compatibility" tab to make adjustments. 4. Windows Firewall: - Check if Windows Firewall is blocking the application from running. You can temporarily disable the firewall to see if it resolves the issue. 5. Group Policy Settings: - Group Policy settings could also be affecting the ability to run certain applications. Ensure that there are no restrictive policies in place that are blocking the execution of applications. 6. Event Viewer: - Check the Event Viewer logs for any related errors or warnings that might provide more information about why the application is failing to run. By going through these steps, you may be able to pinpoint the cause of the issue and take corrective actions. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back