Windows 7 Windws Update Error

sone023

I reinstalled Windows 7,and everything was fine until I tryed updating it.Every time after installing and restarting it says "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" and when I click on the details it's the "0x80070005" error (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED 0x80070005).I tryed literally everything MSFixIt,MS Registry repair,all kinds of things using notepad,logging in as the Administrator,Windows update standalone installer,troubleshooting the problem,but still the same error.Also I can't install MSE nor AVG,always some error.PLEASE HELP ME.

Figure out which update is giving your system indigestion. If there is a list of available updates, enable them one at a time until you find the one that fails. Click on the More Information option and see what the update is supposed to accomplish. Often, updates fix things that are totally irrelevant to you. If that's the case, un-select it and tell Windows Update not to show that one again.

Also, it's possible that your two problems have a common cause, but you will have a better shot at someone knowledgeable spotting the issue if you post the second problem separately.

That said, I saw one post that linked your error code to the anti-virus program. Try temporarily disabling your AV program and see if that solves the update problem. BTW, if you already have an AV running, disable or uninstall it before loading a different one. It is OK to run a one-time, "stand-alone" scan with another AV program, but never have two running in the background simultaneously. They will bring your computer to a crawl.

This link may also be useful if that update is important to run and the problem is not your AV program: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ix-click/e4cb8700-f215-4f1a-8bd4-6457ac619c19

Figure out which update is giving your system indigestion. If there is a list of available updates, enable them one at a time until you find the one that fails. Click on the More Information option and see what the update is supposed to accomplish. Often, updates fix things that are totally irrelevant to you. If that's the case, un-select it and tell Windows Update not to show that one again.

Also, it's possible that your two problems have a common cause, but you will have a better shot at someone knowledgeable spotting the issue if you post the second problem separately.

That said, I saw one post that linked your error code to the anti-virus program. Try temporarily disabling your AV program and see if that solves the update problem. BTW, if you already have an AV running, disable or uninstall it before loading a different one. It is OK to run a one-time, "stand-alone" scan with another AV program, but never have two running in the background simultaneously. They will bring your computer to a crawl.

This link may also be useful if that update is important to run and the problem is not your AV program: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ix-click/e4cb8700-f215-4f1a-8bd4-6457ac619c19

There is a lot of updates that failed and it's always the same error

When you have a huge number of updates, like when you reinstall windows, you will often get many failures simply because they often must be installed in a particular order (rerunning update multiple times will eventually clear them out). However, they aren't normally associated with Windows error messages. If you see one error message plus many install failures, it could still be one problematic update. If you see error messages on all of the failed updates, that's a bigger underlying problem. Try disabling your AV program while running the updates. If that doesn't eliminate the error messages, check out the link in the previous response.

When you have a huge number of updates, like when you reinstall windows, you will often get many failures simply because they often must be installed in a particular order (rerunning update multiple times will eventually clear them out). However, they aren't normally associated with Windows error messages. If you see one error message plus many install failures, it could still be one problematic update. If you see error messages on all of the failed updates, that's a bigger underlying problem. Try disabling your AV program while running the updates. If that doesn't eliminate the error messages, check out the link in the previous response.

So basicly,I can't do anything alone?Also I tryed installing Avast and Norton AV but they both failed,error 0x00000005 showed up for Avast.I think it's the same kind of error as the one for the updates.

How did you reinstall Windows? I'm wondering if Windows Update might be having indigestion over a perceived license issue.

Regarding Norton, was it previously installed and now you're trying to reinstall it? Norton is another one that gets its panties in a bunch over perceived license issues.

Not sure I understand your question about not being able to do anything alone.

Nevermind,my bad about that 'alone' thing.My mom's friend installed Windows for me,and before reinstallation I had MSE,and now it seems like every AV I try to install has some kind of error.I think that those two (update error and AV error) are connected and I think that it has something to do with administrator rights or something like that.

It sounds like you've done a pretty thorough job of researching the problem and trying stuff. The problem with many of the Windows error messages is that they can be really generic and sometimes the reported error seems pretty unrelated to the real problem. You may be at the point where the fastest way to get up and running is to start over with a Windows restore or clean installation, pain in the butt as it is. There are a few things you can try first. These aren't likely to fix the problem, but they are easy to do on the off chance that it could save starting over.
  • Do you know what method was used last time to reinstall windows? (reloaded from CD? restored from a system backup partition? restored from an emergency boot disk?) If it was reloaded from CD, was it the CD that came with your computer or one from another computer (which might explain the Access Denied message)?
  • It's possible that the AV problem could stem from remnants of old AV programs that may previously have been installed. Go to Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel and uninstall any AV program that appears there. Then look in the Windows program directories (Program Files and Program Files (x86)) for directories for any previously installed AV program and delete these. Then reboot. See if any of the problems are affected.

• It's possible that there is a virus on your system. Given your problems, you should try to run one that will do an on-demand scan without needing to be installed. You could even run one of the free web-based scans. They will often tell you to buy the product in order to clean up what they discover, but at least you would know whether you are dealing with a virus.

• Open the start menu and type windows update in the search box but don't hit enter. A list will come up that include Windows Update. Right-click on that one and select Run as Administrator.

• Run sfc /scannow from the Start Menu Run window. This will check for and correct any corrupted Windows files, although these wouldn't be likely in a new installation.
I'll give some more thought to last ditch things you could try before starting over. Maybe some other members have ideas?

Follow the steps below to troubleshoot error, “0×80070005 Access is denied” while accessing recent file on a Sharepoint location in Windows 7:

1 Click ‘Start’ and then click ‘Run’.
2 Type “regedit.exe” and press ‘Enter’.
3 Navigate and double click the following registry entry:
4 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesMRxDAVParametersFileNotFoundCacheLifeTimeInSecHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesMRxDAVParametersFileNotFoundCacheLifeTimeInSec
5 Enter the desired value in ‘Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value’ and then click ‘OK’.

make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.

I reinstalled Windows 7,and everything was fine until I tryed updating it.Every time after installing and restarting it says "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" and when I click on the details it's the "0x80070005" error (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED 0x80070005).I tryed literally everything MSFixIt,MS Registry repair,all kinds of things using notepad,logging in as the Administrator,Windows update standalone installer,troubleshooting the problem,but still the same error.Also I can't install MSE nor AVG,always some error.PLEASE HELP ME.

Back