Windows 11 WLAN Autoconfig not working on startup

Sal07

My WLAN Autoconfig is not working on startup, and hasn't for the past month or so. I can fix it through troubleshooting, but it normally takes 20 minutes of my time since I need to troubleshoot it about 10 different times, and restart my PC about 5 times. I need to do this in order to fix it each time I start up my PC, which is 1-3 times a day.

I have tried to manually restart the service from the services section.
I have tried the "get help" troubleshooting from settings.
I have tried using the "find and fix network problems".
I have tried restarting both my PC and wifi system.

Normally, the issue is resolved through one of those means, but only after trying each solution 1-2 times. I basically mindlessly use those methods until it fixes itself. At first, the wifi would come back after just troubleshooting once. Then it became twice, then three times, then four, then five. It has got worse over time. However, even after fixing itself, sometimes the wifi just stops working. As I was about to post this thread it stopped and I think its because it knew what I was complaining about.

Sorry to hear about your persistent WLAN Autoconfig issue. This might be caused by several factors including corrupt system files, the WLAN AutoConfig service not running automatically, outdated drivers, or network configuration issues. Given that you've tried troubleshooting and manually restarting the service several times, let's try a few other solutions:

1. **Check if WLAN AutoConfig service is running automatically:**
You mentioned that you've restarted the service, but please ensure it's set to run automatically.
- Press `Windows key + R`, type `services.msc` and hit enter
- Locate WLAN AutoConfig, right-click on it, and select 'Properties'
- Under 'Startup type', select 'Automatic' and click 'Apply'

2. **Check for Overheating Issue:**
Excessive heat can cause PC's performance to drop and interfere with WiFi. Ensure your PC is not overheating.

3. **Update Network Adapter's Driver:**
- Press `Windows Key+X` and click on 'Device Manager'
- Expand 'Network Adapters' and find your network adapter
- Right click and choose 'Update Driver'
- Choose 'Search automatically for drivers' and follow the prompts

4. **Check for Windows Updates:**
Keeping your system updated can solve a number of unexpected issues.
- Go to 'Settings' > 'Update & Security'
- Click 'Check for updates'

5. **Check Network Configuration:**
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator (`Windows Key + X`, then select Command Prompt (Admin))
- Type `ipconfig /release` and press Enter
- Then type `ipconfig /renew` and press Enter
- Finally, type `ipconfig /flushdns` and press Enter, then restart your PC

6. **Run the Network Troubleshooter:**
You've mentioned using the troubleshooter, but let's try a different one.
- Open 'Settings', then 'Network & Internet'
- Select 'Status', then 'Network troubleshooter'

7. **System Restore:**
If nothing else works, you might consider restoring your PC to a point when the WiFi was working fine.

Please try these steps and see if the issues persist. If so, there could be more serious hardware or software issues at play, in which case you might need to consider a complete system reinstall or getting in touch with a professional.

Back