Windows 10 word 2019 ver 2005

Peterr

Fantastic Member
How do I remove the lined box in the attachment in the middle of my word doc?

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 111
Solution
First of all, I use Word 2016 Pro, but I don't think there is much difference between versions, at least from this point of view.
The view mode does not affect writing/editing. The only view mode that does not allow writing is the Read Mode. If you can not enter text in your document, then probably you are in Read Mode. So, in order to enable editing of your doc, you should only choose another view mode from the View tab. On the left side of the ribbon you'll see buttons for all types of view. I personally like and use the Print layout view.
Also, in Print preview mode you can not edit text.
I attached pics of all view modes and how text looks, but because I'm not a vip member, I can't send bigger resolution files. Here is a link to...
Your question isn't exactly very clear. You said "lined box" I'm assuming you mean this which are the styles.
1591228050841.webp

I am on my phone. I thought I sent an attachment which depicted the issue but will do so first thing in the morning when I’m at my computer. It’s only a lined box within a blank word document. The computer thinks that’s my selection that’s why resetting and reinstalling etc. will not work. I obviously hit a wrong button

I think that what you see are the borders of your page, when you are in Print Layout view. Can you write anything in between the border lines? If you switch your view to Web Layout or Outline or Draft, you won't see the border line.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Your question isn't exactly very clear. You said "lined box" I'm assuming you mean this which are the styles.View attachment 39188
When in >view >print layout the box goes away. Thanks for that. No, I cannot print inside the box.
If in print the box is gone but the whole surface is open to type within. Could you suggest a few settings to bring me back to normal,please?

First of all, I use Word 2016 Pro, but I don't think there is much difference between versions, at least from this point of view.
The view mode does not affect writing/editing. The only view mode that does not allow writing is the Read Mode. If you can not enter text in your document, then probably you are in Read Mode. So, in order to enable editing of your doc, you should only choose another view mode from the View tab. On the left side of the ribbon you'll see buttons for all types of view. I personally like and use the Print layout view.
Also, in Print preview mode you can not edit text.
I attached pics of all view modes and how text looks, but because I'm not a vip member, I can't send bigger resolution files. Here is a link to the original screenshots:
Link Removed
34ed240962d60df5badbf6f8fb53bc83.jpg
c4244051358e6971be9ef0a6b940360e.jpg
42e8d0876e6dc7a6ea03e884d01779b9.jpg
c2b17700628131759212a1210b0b4614.jpg
61493a1e672de52711cf529be4ec4f70.jpg
30d1d5bf380f58f6af94f3dcf1427072.jpg

Solution
@GDany any - thank you for your help. I did not understand about those settings bu am getting used to them.
I appreciate your work and am referring to it.
I think being in web layout or print layout works best so far. I think I can compose, edit and print in both.
For some reason, since the update, Word appears different but I cannot be specific.
Anyway I am new to this forum and glad to hear fro you.

@GDany any - thank you for your help. I did not understand about those settings bu am getting used to them.
I appreciate your work and am referring to it.
I think being in web layout or print layout works best so far. I think I can compose, edit and print in both.
For some reason, since the update, Word appears different but I cannot be specific.
Anyway I am new to this forum and glad to hear fro you.
You're welcome! I also do not know what are different views meant for, besides Print and Web views, and I don't care. For me, the Print layout view mode is best because this is the only mode that shows you how the page will look when printed.

Back