Windows 8 You real developers are lucky

goodintentions

So, I decided to spend today dedicated to just optimizing my apps. Like shortening them, etc.

So, I went through my older apps and oh my goodness thousands of lines of codes that were unnecessary. I managed to put all the common subroutines into a class and voila I shortened the codes by like 50%.

You see, I was never formally trained. Got my degree in engineering. Took exactly 1 programming class, and this was intro java. Nowadays, I code in C++ and C#, so I had to learn everything on my own. Didn't even know about classes until a few months ago.

A major project I've been working on has loads of classes. While going through those codes, I found 3 methods that did the exact same thing. So, I wasted hours figuring out 3 different ways to do the same thing.

That's what happens when you weren't formally trained. Your codes are a mess. It's amazing I could read my java codes at all from the android side of town. I haven't looked at them for months.

that i what two real life quotes in form of "there is a will there is a way" and "practice makes a men perfect", you have proven right

Back