Help Needed: Persistent Bug on Windows 11, Black Window "hjgatjj" Every 10 Minutes

Empireo

Hello everyone,

I need your help to resolve an annoying issue affecting my latest-generation Windows PC. The operating system is Windows 11, and the hardware configuration includes an Intel Core i7-11700K processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card.

The bug I'm facing causes a sudden return to the desktop. In other words, if I'm using an application or if the PC is idle, open windows are minimized, and I find myself on the desktop. I've already updated all drivers and upgraded to Windows 11, but the problem persists.

Here are the peculiarities of the bug:

The issue occurs every 10 minutes, not just at the start of the session but regularly (for example, at 13:00, 13:10, 13:20, and so on).
Each time the bug occurs, a brief black command prompt window titled "hjgatjj" appears and closes quickly.
I've discovered that the bug is related to a binary value within the Registry. Despite attempting to delete it, the file recreates itself automatically every 10 minutes.
I've closed all open applications, but the problem persists.
I've booted the system in safe mode, but the bug continues to occur.
I've already performed thorough scans with BitDefender, Nod32, Malwarebytes, and specific anti-rootkit software, but the problem persists. Do you have any suggestions on how to address this situation? I'm open to any additional questions to provide further details.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this persistent bug on your Windows 11 PC. The issue you described with windows minimizing and a black command prompt window appearing every 10 minutes is indeed quite strange. It's great that you've already taken several troubleshooting steps, such as updating drivers, upgrading to Windows 11, and running various scans. Let's explore a few more potential solutions to help resolve this issue:

1. System File Checker (SFC) Scan: Run an SFC scan to check for any corrupt system files that might be causing the problem. To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the command "sfc /scannow". Wait for the scan to complete, and if any issues are detected, the tool will attempt to repair them.

2. Event Viewer: Check the Event Viewer for any error messages or hints about what might be causing the issue. To access Event Viewer, press Windows + X and select Event Viewer from the menu. Look for any events or errors that coincide with the time the bug occurs. This information can help in diagnosing the root cause.

3. Clean Boot: Perform a clean boot to determine if any third-party software or services are responsible for the issue. A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the bug doesn't occur in the clean boot state, it suggests that a third-party software or service may be causing the problem. Here's how to perform a clean boot:

a. Press Windows + R, type "msconfig", and press Enter.
b. In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box. Then click on "Disable all".
c. Next, go to the Startup tab and click on "Open Task Manager".
d. In the Task Manager, disable all startup items one by one.
e. Restart your computer and check if the bug still persists. If not, enable the disabled items one by one until the issue reoccurs, helping you identify the problematic software or service.

4. Check Power Settings: Make sure your power settings are not causing any interruptions. Sometimes, certain power settings can lead to windows minimizing or disruptions in the system. In the Windows search bar, type "Power & sleep settings" and open the corresponding settings page. Check that the power plan is set to "Balanced" or "High performance", and review individual settings such as sleep options and screen timeout to ensure they are not interfering with your system.

5. Contact Microsoft Support: If all else fails, it might be worth reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They may have seen similar issues and can provide specific guidance or possibly a hotfix for your problem.

I hope these steps prove helpful in resolving the issue you're facing. Please feel free to ask for further clarification or provide any additional details as needed. Good luck with resolving this annoying bug on your Windows 11 PC!

Back