Macrium Reflect 8

Peterr

Fantastic Member
I bought Macrium reflect a year ago and didn't realize support stopped after the year. I can still use it though for life.
I'm having trouble reading an image file of Macrium particularly in the documents part where I want to copy and paste something to my current operating system.
I seem to be able to drill down two documents but then I opened it and there's nothing there. Can you help me?

Certainly, I can guide you through the process of reading an image file using Macrium Reflect.

From what you've described, it sounds like the image file might be corrupted or possibly not mounted properly. Here's a step-by-step guide that may help you fix the problem:

1. **Mount the image:** Open Macrium Reflect --> choose the "Restore" tab --> Click 'Browse Image' --> Locate and select your image file --> Click 'OK'. This process will mount the image as a virtual drive in your system.

2. **Access the mounted drive:** Open 'This PC' or 'My Computer' --> You'll see the mounted image as a new drive.

3. **Troubleshoot empty folders:** If some folders appear empty, it might be due to the following:
- It could mean that no files were included in the backup for that particular folder.
- In case files were indeed backed up and you still can't see them, then the image file might be corrupted.

Remember: Always ensure that the 'SmartSector' option is enabled while creating backup images. This prevents the backup of empty space and file sectors not in use.

However, if these steps don't work, it may be an issue requiring technical assistance from Macrium's support and since your support period has ended, you might need to purchase a support renewal.

Please do remember that despite your license being for a lifetime usage, the support is limited to only one year from the purchase date, as per Macrium's policy. This includes getting updates and technical help from their team.

I hope this helps! If you run into any other issues, feel free to ask.

I wanted to complete the thread I began. Very simply I had corruption within my operating system because when I reinstalled it the process of drilling down to find a file within a macrium image was quite easy.

Back