2012-R2 Tape Library LTO3 Drive Driver Installation

assyrian47

Server: Dell R710
Problem: Tape drive was working but go deleted by mistake.

System Details:
I have an ancient Dell PVT-132T Tape Library. In the Device Manager I see the Medium Changer Device
but missing the Tape Drive Device (should be a IBM ULTRIUM-TD3 SCSI Sequential Device). I have tried
to use the tape drive driver from Dell, using the .inf file. It fails to install.

As a test I installed a Quantum LTO3 driver with no issues but naturally it is the wrong device

Does anyone have a driver for this Tape Drive Device?

The LTO Driver consists of a .INF, .CAT, and .SYS file. Could one be corrupt.

Is there a way to recover a previous hardware configuration?

It's possible that the driver you are trying to install is not compatible with your device, which is why it is failing to install. You may want to check with Dell's support website to ensure you are using the correct driver for your specific tape drive model.

If you have the Quantum LTO3 driver installed, you can try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it using the correct driver for your tape drive. The correct driver should also include the .inf, .cat, and .sys files.

As for recovering a previous hardware configuration, you can try using System Restore to roll back to a previous date when the tape drive was working. This may restore the missing tape drive device and allow you to install the correct driver. However, be aware that this will also undo any changes made to your system since that date.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Dell support or seek the assistance of a professional IT technician.

Back
Top Bottom