Windows 7 (2013) Streets & Trips on Win 7...I Hope...I Hope

doxology

Extraordinary Member
hello again...

[just wanted to start by saying that...even tho discontinued; & probably inappropriate topic material, S&T is STILL the best mapping program on earth (or at least for me)...& I REALLY need it for my work]

Did a reinstall of Win 7 Pro (got corrupted somehow); & did not back up my registry settings. I had originally purchased & downloaded S&T 2011...but the chance to register was gone, w/ no disk (& no registry keys to go along w/ copying/pasting the program files over from backup). (& the fact that MS discontinued all official S&T downloads)

Had a disk for S&T 2008...but could not also register online w/ MS...after 1 shot; I could not use the program. Went into my registry & cleaned out any entry that had to do w/ the program...reinstalled...but I still needed to register for the app to run longer that 30 days.

So...I've purchased a new disc of S&T 2013 on Amazon, but I am worried that when it arrives; & I load it...I will have the same problem.

any ideas as to what to do?...thanx in advance,

dox

Yes you're going to run into nothing but problems. You're trying to run out of support software on an unsupported operating system. Yes you will most likely run into the same problem. Neither Windows 7 nor streets and trips can be activated since Microsoft killed off support.

Thanx...but there must be something...some fix...like a set of registry settings available that tell your machine its OK to run the program. Or anything. I'm just not going to accept that I cannot run this program...there has to be something that can be done.

dox

Back