Windows 7 32 Bit and more than 4 G Ram

You can't do anything with more than 4 GB of RAM in 32-Bit OS'. Period. Tweaker, registry hack, hell, ACT of GOD can't help you there. lol

Hi Kyle
if you have more than 4GB RAM and a 32 bit OS a nice tweak is to use the extra RAM as a RAMDISK. This really speeds up things like Photoshop etc. -- Of course the RAMDISK is not persistent so anhything written to it needs to be saved to a Real Disk before shutting down.
If you have say 6GB RAM in your system you could use 2GB RAMDISK as your paging device.

I expect however in a few years apart from legacy systems (probably running as Virtual Machines) the 32 Bit OS will be phased out. Windows 7 will probably b the last Microsoft 32 bit OS.

Cheers

-jimbo

....guys. You're not getting it.
It's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a 32-Bit OS to even TOUCH more then 4 GB of RAM. I'm talking physical, put in the slot RAM, not page file, not anything else.
Due to limitations on calculations, it's impossible.

....guys. You're not getting it.
It's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a 32-Bit OS to even TOUCH more then 4 GB of RAM. I'm talking physical, put in the slot RAM, not page file, not anything else.
Due to limitations on calculations, it's impossible.

Using the /PAE switch increases the physical address space from 32bit to 36 bit - allowing access to up to 64GB of physical RAM if the OS supports it...

Back