Windows 7 Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit

molivsoguma

Hey,
I want to ask you something. Few days ago I've changed my Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, but i think it's much slower. Also my score was something like 4,2 and now it's 3,0. Maybe my laptop configuration doesn't support Windows 7 64-bit very well? Here are my laptop specifications:
RAM: 3GB
Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce 310M; VRAM 1GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 350M @2.27GHz 2.27Ghz
HDD: 320GB

Should I go back to 32-bit? What do you think?

Thanks,
molivsoguma

I would be interested in how much RAM you have installed, a minimum of 4G is recommended for 64 bit.

Pardon me but, x64 does not require 4+Gs of RAM & he included that the machine has 3G RAM. IF there is 4 or more x64 will see & use ALL available... whereas x86, no matter how much there is, will cap out @ 3.25 however x64 can & will work fine w/ 3Gig... nor should it be slow or slower than x86 on the same hardware.

You have not given the make & model but, looking @ the specs I would think it should support x64.

The question your story creates for me is, by what method did you "change" it from x86 to x64? It can only be done as a clean install to change platforms or 'bitness'.

Regards,
Drew

I agree with Drew. No reason why it should be slower by comparison. But "but i think it's much slower." - Why? How have you assessed it?

My apologies for misreading the original post, didn't see the mention of 3G RAM, one of those senior moments!!

Generally the Windows Experience Index low score is related to the graphics score. Perhaps you should go to the NVidia site and update your drivers. Win 7 64 Bit does require 64 bit drivers for all devices. Although Win 7 does contain drivers for most devices, there is a chance it did not have the proper drivers for your card.

Back