Windows 8 4 bsod's today while doing virus scan

brkkab

Excellent Member
I've had 4 different bsod's today whil doing a full scan with Bitdefender Internet Security 2014. I've run sfc /scannow and dism.exe clean-image commands as suggested by a search on the web. Here are the 4 dump files.

Attachments

• 030714-14656-01.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 030714-15281-01.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 030714-17656-01.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 030714-17750-01.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 243
Brkkab

The driver verified crash was related to your ASUS hardware monitoring software related (AsUpIO.sys). Yours is from 2010 and cant possibly work in win 8.1. I would install the newest driver available or remove if unnecessary.

In fact most of your ASUS drivers are from 2010 and could use a thorough look to see if there are updates.

Don't forget to turn verifier off by typing verifier /reset

Actually, they're the most recent drivers Asus has for my mobo. They're from 12/**/2013. It may be something related to AI Suite as they have AI Suite 3 out now, but it's only available for the newest Intel mobo's. AI Suite 2 is all that's available for my mobo.

Should I just uninstall AI Suite 2 ? I also submitted a support ticket to Asus, as I new it was AI Suite 2 related, by what driver verifier said.

**SOLVED**Thanks zigzag3143. Asus support emailed me while I was responding here to you. They had me uninstall AI Suite 2, restart my pc, go into safe mode and run a cleaner for AI Suite 2. I also did a search with Search Everything and Autoruns to make sure every component of AI Suite 2 was gone. Hopefully B.I.S. 2014's scheduled full scan will run in a few hour's without any bsod issues.

***UNSOLVED*** Another different bsod while running Bitdefender.

Attachments

• 030814-14687-01.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 233
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {2, 2ce6bf, 41efff, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1af38 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hey Brkkab,

with only one dump file it's difficult to spot trends ect but what I did notice was drivers for:

Bitdefender
Superantispyware
Secunia software inspector.

I just wonder if running all three might cause issues? Also is your copy of Bitdefender the latest version? I'm sure it's using the latest virus versions but is the actual software the latest? As a suggestion try removing one of the above and see if a difference is found? Also do you get a bsod everytime you run Bitdefender?

SUPERAntiSpyware Professional has the real-time protection disabled. Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 is version number 17.26.0.1106. Other than it being the new 2014 version. In the past 2 year's, it's worked with Malwarebytes free, SUPERAntiSpyware Professional (real-time protection disabled) and Secunia PSI. The only thing 2014 asked me to uninstall was SpywareBlaster w/Auto Update. I did do that.

Back