4 Separate BSOD's all with different crash dump results.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Stazzerz, May 29, 2014.

1. Stazzerz

Stazzerz Member

Hi,

I have recently had a run of BSODs all with different causes. They all seem to have the same readout for BugCheck (BugCheck 1E). It all seemed to start after I ran disk cleaner and disk defragmenter. I will upload all four minidumps. We have also had some network virus issues on another PC in the house. I cannot specify an exact cause, so I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,

Rob.

Attached Files:

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Code:
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
    Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+fa )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
    out of the four dump file sent three were memory corruption and one, the above, blames wifi. I doubt you have a memory issue and is probably down to a driver namely the one below:

athrxusb.sys Mon Jan 29 12:57:10 2007: Atheros Wireless LAN USB device driver please update:
    http://www.atheros.cz/

AppleCharger.sys Mon Jan 10 09:57:29 2011: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver this can cause bsod on some systems. Try uninstalling to test.

If after making the above changes you still get a bsod then please download the latest copy of memtest86 here:
    http://www.memtest.org/
    Although a little old this guide explains how best to use it:
    http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tutorial-how-to-use-memtest.62524/

Post any new dump files.

3. Stazzerz

Stazzerz Member

Thanks for the fast reply. :) I updated my network driver, because I remembered that it installed old drivers over the new ones. I do have another dump file that you can have a look at. I believe it will say much the same as the ones before.

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Code:
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
    Probably caused by : athrxusb.sys ( athrxusb+500d1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

It definitely doesn't like that 2007 driver. Try removing it and then running the latest driver as I can't seem to find any driver later than 2007.

athrxusb.sys Mon Jan 29 12:57:10 2007

5. Stazzerz

Stazzerz Member

I will remove that driver and see how it goes. Thanks