6.5MHz Phenom 2 World Record

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
now if I could afford to run a cold system like that....I could afford a skulltrail and slap on 2 quad cores and likely beast that result....lol....

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Just think of all that power.......

Then slap a 5870x2 in there and gets some serious res gaming going on...:cool::cool:

Very powerful. How is it cooled and for how long will the chip survive ? :confused:

Very powerful. How is it cooled and for how long will the chip survive ? :confused:
A good point cybercore.. Running at that speed the life of the cpu would be greatly reduced... ;)

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Totally agree...

Don't they say that a chip should last for 10yrs or so? Obviously running it faster or beyond the manufacturers spec is going to change the parameters some what..

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
Do you think such a fast setup with industrial grade air cooling would work so as to rig it up to air conditioning to warm the house...thus being more eco friendly? :rolleyes:

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
LOL...Now there's an idea! Plus a possible excuse to calm an irritable partner? (Your spending money on that thing...AGAIN?) ;)

AMD’s own Pete Hardman and Sami Makinen were able to overclock an AMD Phenom II to a blazing 6.5GHz, at an operating temperature of –230 degrees Celsius using liquid nitrogen and liquid helium as their cooling agents.

Overclocked AMD Phenom II Hits 6.5GHz with Liquid Nitrogen/Helium Cooling | Maximum PC

YouTube - AMD Phenom II Overclocked to 6.5GHz - New World Record for 3DMark

I got liquid nitrogen but don't know where to get liquid helium. :D

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.