Windows 7 680i Compatibility Issues

BCC4321

I installed Windows 7 beta onto on my hard drive and I am experiencing problems.

The internet would cut out, there's no audio and apparently the USB drivers are out of whack. My mobo driver CD won't install its drivers onto Windows 7. The graphic card is fine though.

I have the eVGA 680i Mobo.
2.7 GHZ Q6600 Quad Core
750 W Power Supply
4 GB DDR2 800 MHZ
8800 GTS 640 MB

Heads up to the developers.

I ran into a similar situation...but with my intel drivers on my mobo disc. Try this, it might work.

Go into Device Manager and look to see where you have any yellow !. Right click on one of them at a time, and then click on "Update Driver Software". Use the scan my computer option and point it to your mobo driver cd (Like D:/EVGAmobo) and insure "include all subfolders" is checked. If it works, then go through each yellow ! and do the same thing.

Took me a while to go through all of them....but I discovered that not may mobo drivers are on Windows Update yet.

Might not be the most scientific method but I have no yellow ! now and the PC is running fine.

I notice you have mentioned your processor is running @ 2.7Ghz... I know there have been issues when overclocking has been active, it could be related to that?:)

I'm not sure if my OCed CPU has anything to do with the mobo issues. I have noticed that 7 is extremely sluggish when booting up though...

Back