Windows 7 [7127] issue with installing xpi extensions for Firefox

anykey

Honorable Member
Hello folks, I have been using Seven since 7000. I now have 7127.
My problem is with Firefox xpi extensions.
I have read in the past that this is a known issue with installing xpi, but do you think I can find it now :rolleyes:

My Firefox addon extensions do not work, nor do they uninstall/reinstall.
What do I need to tweak, please...

I notice many posts on this forum are getting zero replies :(
Is that coz folk don't know the answer.
Or, there is no one here to help.

Did you perform a clean install? Which version of Windows x86 or x64? What version of Firefox? I have W7 7127 x64, clean install, and have had no problems with FF add-ons.

Until 7127 I had no problem with installing xpi's either.
Now I have a problem. I can recall seeing that others suffered with this and that the solution was a tweak somewhere or other. Needless to say I cannot find the solution now.

Clean install? definitely Yes. Windows x86. Latest FF.

Have no idea if this helps, but for flash player, I had to install manually and use the "troubleshoot compatibility" It works now.

Which xpi's are you using? Did you install the xpi's one at a time and test the install for each? Have you tried to uninstall FF and download the current version again? Make sure that you are not using the FF Beta 3.5. They state that some xpi's may not work.

Which xpi's are you using? Did you install the xpi's one at a time and test the install for each?
The xpi's do not install. They do not run. They freeze the mini window that opens for Add-ons. I have to use Task Manager to close it. Mouse clicking on the Add-on window just chimes "ding".
Have you tried to uninstall FF and download the current version again?
Yep :(
Make sure that you are not using the FF Beta 3.5. They state that some xpi's may not work.
FF3.0.10 not beta.

Thanks for trying oneextraid :)

Back