8700K. Saw WHEA LOGGER entries 19 and one 47.

sew333

Hi. Today i checked my event viewer and found some weird errors from 21.01.2018 :

A spam of:
WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error

And only one :
WHEA Event ID 47 memory-corrected hw error

Here are screen with one of them:

image.jpg

This day i remember i finished installing Windows 10. And system was completely on idle overnight.

Errors was only in 21 january. From 22 january till today no errors in event viewer,i checking now all days.

And i dont know why this errors happened in this day?

Computer is:
8700K stock, MTE on, 4700mhz auto clock
Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP ON)
Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus
Corsair 750 Rmi
SSD Crucial 525GB
HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update

All settings in UEFI are stock,defaulted . Only XMP profile is on.

Temps of cpu fine,temps of gpu fine. Never had any single BSOD. Memtest86 no errors. All benchmarks passing, no crashing in games

Only saw that error in event viewer which make think that is still with cpu or rams or mobo or psu?

Somebody said this:"
Not per se, WHEA merely means the system detected a hardware related issue. This can be drivers and hardware. But, since WHEA's aren't exactly telling what caused the error, it can be quite difficult to pinpoint the cause.

And no, because you see the CPU in a WHEA event does NOT mean it is the cause. The CPU is the one that notifies the system of the WHEA and thus is pretty much always involved.

My suggestions:
- Remove any overclocking
- Update chipset drivers
- Update BIOS if any is available
- Run driver verifier if above didn't help"

I tested IHC Memtest and no errors:[ with xmp. Etc all stable.

But just worried about that warnings from 21.01

Well stop worrying it happened once. Could of been a driver glitch. If the system is working as it should I personally wouldn't worry about it.

That would lead me to believe it's not hardware in your case but a driver misbehaving and updating fixed it. So stop worrying and play games on the fine machine you have.

Hello. Really appreciate it for help. Last question.

I updated to 16299.192 build no errors. Then updated to 16299.214 and still no errors. Any ideas why on 16299.15 i was getting errors. Weird

I remember i had hibernate/sleep mode turning on during that time when it throws errors. Now i have to NEVER on setting. Maybe that was related?

Anyway if now its fine i dont have problem with hardware? Thank you for help

Hey somebody said this and i am worried. So its a hardware thing?

"
Usualy WHEA-Loggers mean your overclock require more vcore.
I see you let your motherboard do the overclocking for you. Revert to stock values and if want to OC, do it manually testing at every mayer change you make with handbrake, OC3D test, AIDA 64, whatever you want. As a general rule, set AVX offset to -2 multipliers. If any of this sounds like too difficult or unknown, Google it.

You cant reproduce the scenario because IF its lack of Vcore, it could be triggered by transient loads, that are as random as it can get. Can happen at idle, can happen at full load, can happen anywhere in between.

Disable XMP on RAM and run JEDEC speeds. Best 2133 to discard any possible issue. use it for a couple of days OR until another WHEA logger happens. If it still happens you may have to RMA some parts, we'll see"

I was checking event logs on 25.10.2018 and had spam of WHEA-LOGGER 19 entries.
They happened when system was idling from 23.10 - 25.10 - 26.10 - 28.10 - 29.10 , so nothing happening in system only spam. Is this reason to worry? My actually Windows 10 is 1803.

I had them too on 21.01 january but they dissapeared after 21.01 january.
Windows 10 1709 build 16299.15 it was.

Like i said.
But now they appeared again after few months ,from 23.10 october -28.10 october and dissapeared again. I must say that i was little surprised that i saw them again after few months especially on idle .
Windows 10 1803 actually.

A spam of:
WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

( screens on top of the topic )

Dont have any crashing,no freezing,no bsods,scores are fine etc.

In 23.10 i add only new GPU < Rtx 2080 Ti >, before was 1080 Ti. Coincidence? Anyway no problems with card,no issues etc.

So question. ANyway is this reason to worry or skip it if they stop it again?
Maybe something with voltage or something ( reading reddit ) but they appeared when system was idling ( not gaming ) and i was away from pc. All drivers installed.
Thanks

hey little update. I change power plan to high performance ( 4700mhz clock on idle and voltage 1.4 core voltage according to cpuz ) and the same whea logger 19 every minute on log. So then i change to power saver to lock on 800mhz - 1200mhz with low voltage and the same logs. Only on idle it happens.

During games or cinebench no wheas ( even with 4700mhz and voltage ). So i am lost now. So if this is not voltage so what?

Back