A few security articles PC World put up.

Good post. I enjoy reading about tech security.

I do find the whole botnot/DDoS fascinating. An invisible army ready to attack and cheaply. Imagine the potential as internet access becomes more accessible in remote places around the world. As well with faster internet connects, which leads to more homes: PCs, cellphones, IoTs, tablets, toys etc being connected.

I listened to a great SecurityNow epsiode a while back and Steve was talking about just putting all a home's IoTs devices on their own seperate router which would cut off access to the home's PC network.

This tech stuff just ain't stopping. As the years move on we keep coming up with more innovations.

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Yeah getting hit with ransomware will definitely ruin your month!

I spent the weekend, starting an evaluation of my PC security protocols; changing passwords, implementing 2 factor on accounts that I can, checking my privacy settings on social media and other websites that I have personal information on. It's gonna take me a while to complete it. But it's necessary when we have so much of our personal information out there, easily accessible if one knows how to access it.

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Here's a new one 7tutorials just put up. How to block the internet access of any Windows app, with OneClickFirewall
The 2-factor authentication, I've used for I think over a year now. With some things it can become a pain in the ass.
Especially, if you do alot of clean installs of everything, like I do.
For example, I'm building a new pc right now. I've had my parts for over a month. A PCIex 16 3.0 port fell off the motherboard and is now at Newegg awaiting them to mail me the replacement. Once, it comes, I have a clean install on that one & one on this one.
Difference being, the new one gets everything installed.
This one get's Windows 10 Pro x64 and drivers. Nothing else. This one's being sold soon.

Back
Top Bottom