Windows 7 A required privilege is not held by the client. Stack Trace: at System.IO....

leo morris

I need help please. I am completely novice, I have a POS software and getting the following error, please help.

A required privilege is not held by the client.
Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at System.Data.DataSet.WriteXmlSchema(String fileName)
at pcAmerica.Desktop.POS.Forms.frmReporting.Report_SALES_CHECK_DETAIL(Int16 method)

Thanks in advance.

Is it Error 0x80070522? Or what Error do you get?

You could try right clicking the icon of the software, either on desktop or in start menu, then click properties, then security, and check what rights you have. Edit them if needed.

Another even easier way is to right click the icon, then choose "run as administrator".

Not sure if this solves the problem, but it would be an easy way. And doesn't take much time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, it's a POS software and when I am getting a detailed report the error that i mentioned above appears. I will certainly try what you said, and get you posted. Thanks once again.

Back