Windows 7 accidentally deleted PATH variable

Odel555q

I was trying to edit my PATH environment variable and accidentally deleted it. Is there any way to recover it? If not, is there anyone out there who can tell me what the default path variable should be? I'm afraid to turn off my computer without fixing this as I'm not sure if it will be able to boot up again.

Have you tried System restore? Why were you doing the above?

I was adding the path for my C++ compiler but instead of appending onto the end of the existing path I accidentally overwrote it.

I haven't tried system restore for the same reason I don't want to reboot, I'm not sure what kinds of problems might arise. Is it possible that you could just copy and paste your existing path variable so I can see what basic directories are needed just so that Windows will function properly?

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

Any good?

I also deleted a system variable accidentally. But I could not even see what the name of the variable was. :( What should I do know the name of the variable which I deleted and its value? Any idea?

I was adding the path for my C++ compiler but instead of appending onto the end of the existing path I accidentally overwrote it.

I did the same thing while setting up a compiler for Java. I put the restored the windows default path as above, but my path was pretty hefty before I lost it. Can anyone provide advise on how to go through the software I have installed and figure out what needs to be added back to the path variable? I guess I'll start with the other compilers, (Visual Studio, Processing, Arduino, Bloodshed, CodeBlocks) but I'm not sure about what other software will need to be there.

Back