Windows 10 Accidentally Formatted An SD Card, Need Help

crevice

I did it. I was in a hurry and accidentally formatted a 200Gb Micro SD card in my external slot of my Android phone. It had every type of file you can imagine on it. Videos, Pics, PDFs, Word Documents, Rar, Zip & 7z files... and more. About 110Gb of data.

There are so many reviews that are sponsored, it's hard to find consensus on what the best software options are whether free/open source (preferred), and paid.

The second I did it I I turned off the phone and removed the card to try to prevent data being written to the card. I now plan to use Windows 10 Pro as my work bench for trying to fix this.

Suggestions?

I did it. I was in a hurry and accidentally formatted a 200Gb Micro SD card in my external slot of my Android phone. It had every type of file you can imagine on it. Videos, Pics, PDFs, Word Documents, Rar, Zip & 7z files... and more. About 110Gb of data.

There are so many reviews that are sponsored, it's hard to find consensus on what the best software options are whether free/open source (preferred), and paid.

The second I did it I I turned off the phone and removed the card to try to prevent data being written to the card. I now plan to use Windows 10 Pro as my work bench for trying to fix this.

Suggestions?
You might try checking with @simrick. She knows a lot about such things. I haven't seen her over here, but she's on TenForums.com.

As long as you haven't started copying data to it there shouldn't be a problem recovering. Basically all a format does is marks all allocated space as useable and generally leaves all the data there.

This is one of my go-to recovery programs which is free
It is text based but still fairly easy to navigate.

Back
Top Bottom