Ad and commercial relief

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
I hope this helps everyone. It is a small free program that stops those annoying commercials you see when you are watching videos and all other ads. It is small and effective. I was talking with Mike about it and did not realize I was in the pm area so he suggested I share with the forum.
Peter

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=WKOQORp2UK8gSEfyQrTeqg&bvm=bv.59930103,d.cWc

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
Mike
I ditched all the programs and found a way to watch videos on your homepage for example.
Just click on the video then when the ad starts, click on the video a second time and the ad does not play but the video does.
Peter

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I've been using Ad Blocker Pro for a while and it works very well at removing he ads before videos as well.

Mike

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
Glad you are having good luck, Mike.
Peter

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
I, like Mike, prefer to use an extension instead of a full blown app/software. My choice is Adblock for Chrome and Firefox but I've had some issues with it using IE 11.

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
That sounds solid. have you ever tried double clicking the videos to see if they skip the ads? It probably does not work for all sires, though.

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
What videos and what site(s)? I'll check it out.

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
The reason I stopped both Ad Blocker and the other one in this thread is because I have trouble with them with Win 8., MSIE 11.
I find that MSIE 11 has compatibility issues with a lot of things. One of my good forums cannot be pasted to, with it.
That is why I resorted to the double click. Either that or perhaps another browser.

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
I cannot remember the sites I had trouble with as it was a while ago. I had googled ad blockers and tried two and both did not work well with MSIE 11.
My homepage is Comcast and I think I had trouble there besides other sites. My wife kept calling out that there was an issue so I got rid of them. I probably should have used Chrome or FF.

Like I said...I had issues with IE 11 and adblock.....I don't think it's with adblock as much it's with IE, no matter what version of IE.

I use FF as my browser of choice.....no issues at with it and adblock.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I have had issues with IE for so long that I don't even think of it any more.
Ever since I started using Windows 8 it won't open my Comcast home page and that's on 2 different computers that I've had with W8.

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
Agreed, the bowser is causing issues. I use Chrome with no trouble with anything.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.