Windows 8 Ad and commercial relief

Mike
I ditched all the programs and found a way to watch videos on your homepage for example.
Just click on the video then when the ad starts, click on the video a second time and the ad does not play but the video does.
Peter

Hi

I've been using Ad Blocker Pro for a while and it works very well at removing he ads before videos as well.

Mike

I, like Mike, prefer to use an extension instead of a full blown app/software. My choice is Adblock for Chrome and Firefox but I've had some issues with it using IE 11.

That sounds solid. have you ever tried double clicking the videos to see if they skip the ads? It probably does not work for all sires, though.

The reason I stopped both Ad Blocker and the other one in this thread is because I have trouble with them with Win 8., MSIE 11.
I find that MSIE 11 has compatibility issues with a lot of things. One of my good forums cannot be pasted to, with it.
That is why I resorted to the double click. Either that or perhaps another browser.

I cannot remember the sites I had trouble with as it was a while ago. I had googled ad blockers and tried two and both did not work well with MSIE 11.
My homepage is Comcast and I think I had trouble there besides other sites. My wife kept calling out that there was an issue so I got rid of them. I probably should have used Chrome or FF.

Like I said...I had issues with IE 11 and adblock.....I don't think it's with adblock as much it's with IE, no matter what version of IE.

I use FF as my browser of choice.....no issues at with it and adblock.

I have had issues with IE for so long that I don't even think of it any more.
Ever since I started using Windows 8 it won't open my Comcast home page and that's on 2 different computers that I've had with W8.

Back
Top Bottom