Adobe Reader Update

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Adobe has released Version 9 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. The changes include faster performance, improved security and new features such as native flash support.

Last edited:
Adobe Reader 9 Plus

I've just installed my Adobe Reader 9 with the Abode Player 10 Active X. Definite improvement especially when enlarging small player windows to full size. Colors are brighter, pictures are sharper and more defined. I also have the Abode Shock wave Player 11, although I don't know why except, that some sites request it. The Adobe Bussword, now that's a nice handy gift. It's a word processor with extras- so to speak. You can write papers, download pictures and collaborate with friends on the same URL address. No need to carry files.....Adobe carries on their server. Go ahead and try it, if your computer and take it !! One word of warning- this version requires reading, I'm told you can do all kinds of interesting things with it.

Re: Adobe Reader 9 Plus

Heyy Celestra where have you been? Glad to see you back in the forum ....:D

Re: Adobe Reader 9 Plus

Adobe has released Version 9.1 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. The changes include addressing a critical security vulnerability and enhanced stability.

Adobe Reader 9.1.1

Adobe has released Version 9.1.1 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. The changes include addressing two security vulnerabilities

Re: Adobe Reader 9.1.1

Thanks, just updated mine. Your always ontop of the updates for every thing.

Adobe has released Version 9.1.3 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. The changes include addressing a critical security vulnerability. Note that this latest version of Reader may not be available from the link above, however you can update using the Help>Check for Updates function in your current version of Reader.

Adobe Reader 9.2

Adobe has released Version 9.2 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. The changes include addressing security vulnerabilities and providing several fixes.

I'm not entirely sure which version you tried but I can assure you that the above does not install McAfee av.

I got the version directly from their website....

Look what they have put up now: Notice the box is checked... maybe I overlooked i. I don't really remember. A lot of people will probly end up with McAfee loaded. One more thing that may need fixing.

Also install:
Free McAfee Security Scan (optional)

0.8 MB

Adobe Plugs 29 Critical Reader, Acrobat Holes

Adobe Systems Inc. on Tuesday issued a new version of both Adobe Acrobat and its free Adobe PDF Reader to fix at least 29 separate security vulnerabilities in these products.
If you have either (or both) of these programs installed, take a moment to update them. Adobe warns that hackers already are exploiting at least one of the flaws to break into vulnerable systems

I can see the usual 'google toolbar crap' but no mcafee.... See screenshot.

I can see the usual 'google toolbar crap' but no mcafee.... See screenshot.

Amazing... I just went there now and the google toolbar option is also gone.

You can see where I copied and pasted in the other message .... the only thing that was left off was the checked box beside McAfee.

I think they are getting enough nasty messages like I sent them.. that they realize it's a mistake to force feed us their "extras" When I downloaded it and intalled it there was NO option to opt out of McAfee... it just installed it and StartupMonitor detected that McAfee was trying to load at bootup.

Adobe Reader 9.3

Adobe has released Version 9.3 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. The changes include addressing security vulnerabilities and providing several fixes.

Adobe has released Version 9.3.2 of the Adobe Reader software for viewing PDF documents. This update addresses a critical security vulnerability.
See above for download link.

Back