Aero in Windows 7

Does anyone know how to temporarily turn off Aero in Windows 7?

In order to use Adobe CS3's paintbrush I have to turn it off.

John

Right Click on the desktop and select Personalization. Then Scroll down the list of themes and click any of the themes listed under the Ease of Access Category. :)

Thanks, so I have to use a Ease of Access theme instead of say a classic theme like in Vista?

There is a Windows 7 Classic Theme under the Ease of Access Theme Category. :) And it is still customizable, it just uses the old color changing style.

Great, Thanks for the help :)

Does anyone know how to temporarily turn off Aero in Windows 7?

In order to use Adobe CS3's paintbrush I have to turn it off.

John
with vista when using fireworks my desktop aero would be turned off by the system automatically then reset when closed , doesn't win7 do this ??

or is that a switch set into fireworks rather than windows ?

i had this problem with vista as well. it did it automatically and one day stopped. i think on vista there is an update to address the issue i just never installed it and i performed an upgrade to win 7 so i don't know if it carried over from vista or if others will have a problem with cs3 in win7.

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Actually more than likely adobe released an update that told the program to shutdown windows aero in order to run any of the adobe products.

i agree that is probably the case.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.