Windows 7 Aero Lag...really desperate.

Vertigo112

Hello,
I don't even know where should I start because I'm mad desperate here....

Anyways, I had this really annoying aero lag problem on my computer, beside basic animation lagging from minimize and maximize window, the main problems with that lag are music/video stutters while playing, games I run act slow-motion (not lag, just slow-motion like bullet time) and I have this weird white lines flashing on booting screen.

I did possibly everything I could to fix this problem, turning aero off (Still doesn't work because the music still stutter and other main problems still exist) countless restarting (this lag sometime will disappear at a certain time of restart, but mostly won't.) "Magnifier fix", Driver check, Virus scan (No virus), even format and reinstall.

This problem is a pain to deal with because It completely destroy the whole experience. =( So I'm asking any experienced pros in here for fixes and advices, anything that helps would be very much appreciated.

My system spec
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with SP1 installed
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53Ghz
2GB of RAM
EVGA Nvidia GTX460 1GB

Did you build the system? Is the video card seated completely?

What size power supply are you using with that GTX 460?

Have you updated the Nvidia driver for the card?

Did you build the system? Is the video card seated completely?

What size power supply are you using with that GTX 460?

Have you updated the Nvidia driver for the card?

Yes, I've been using that card since last year and that lag is a problem I encounter several weeks ago, It's seated completely with screws stabling it, the card is powered by a 700 watts PSU. I have the latest Nivida driver also.

Can you remember what started the issue?

Perhaps system restore may help?

Try generating a system report. Open control panel and click on 'System'. On the left, click 'Performance information and tools', then on the following screen 'Advanced tools' and lastly right at the bottom 'Generate a system health report'. It might give you a clue as to what is going on..

Can you remember what started the issue?

Perhaps system restore may help?

Try generating a system report. Open control panel and click on 'System'. On the left, click 'Performance information and tools', then on the following screen 'Advanced tools' and lastly right at the bottom 'Generate a system health report'. It might give you a clue as to what is going on..

Just tried system restore, doesn't work, the performance report doesn't look like to have anything wrong.

You could try 'last good known configuration'.. This is accessed by the advanced boot menu found when you press F8 whilst booting.

Back
Top Bottom