Windows 7 Aero Theme disabled for domain users after joining domain

ZirexDK

Hey all.

I have installed windows 7 RC Build 7100, And i tryed connecting it to my company domain, After i did this, my Domain user account can not enable aero themes, but the domain administrator can, There are not any group policys Defined on the domain controller. I get in the buttom of my personalize menu a sentence saying

One or more features has been disabled by the system administrator. :confused:

But no I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR..! :p

Can you guys/girls Help?

//
ZirexDK

Hey all.

I have installed windows 7 RC Build 7100, And i tryed connecting it to my company domain, After i did this, my Domain user account can not enable aero themes, but the domain administrator can, There are not any group policys Defined on the domain controller. I get in the buttom of my personalize menu a sentence saying

One or more features has been disabled by the system administrator. :confused:

But no I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR..! :p

Well not exactly... you are in the administrator's group, not the administrator. That's not the same.

It may be hard to find but you should be able to get the permission. Sorry I can't tell you where to look.... maybe just set up another account in the administrator's group and see if the new one works?

Yeah, But if i login with the domain Administrator account, i can easliy change to aero theme?, Can this be a group policy that a windows server 2003, does not support when its windows 7?

I don't know. I never ran server. Aero shouldn't have anything to do with a server.. it's on the local machine.

Enable Aero upon joining Domain

In your domain controller
Administrative tools>Group Policy Management>Default domain policy(left of screen)>under administrative templates(right of screen)>Control panel/display/desktop themes

open the Group Policy Editor
- enable Prevent selection of windows and buttons styles
This has to be enabled in order for domain users to be able to enable aero on win 7

Lastly, Restart your client connected to the domain. ;)

Back