Windows 7 After DEP modification Apps crashing (cant use Win7)

Abrid

hello,

Today i modificated DEP and since then if i restart windows all my apps crashing cant open anything.

The original setting was: Turn on Dep for essential Windows programs and services only
and i modificated it to: Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
and i added 2 games exe files

(did this because i read on several forums that the game crash to desktop with no reason if i dont do it (and it was crashed for me making the game unplayable) )

So if i start my computer and windows start i get Application Error - 0xc0000005
Usually with windows MSN, skype etc programs startup automatically, but now not and get the above mentioned error.

At all i cant start Any of my programs or services, because get the same error.
Tried the system restore in Repair Computer, but not helped at all.
Googled for that but not found any real solutions.

And next to my cursor the loading circle thing is always shows and blinks, like it trying to load something. It never stops.

At the moment im really hopeless. Cant do anything.
Really looking for some expert who can help me !

Thanks !

Last edited:
Can you get into Windows at all in order to change the setting back, even safemode? If not, maybe there is a way to change it from a Command Window.

You can start that dialog box by typing systempropertiesadvanced in a command window or the Start Menu search box.

Last edited:
From command window i was able to open it, but since i did a system-restore the DEP was set to default as it was before i edited it. And the problem does still exist.

And if i start windows in safe mode, it doesnt help too, same symptoms.

--------
tried system restore in normal mode from command window with rstrui.exe and then my cumputer started to shut down then BSOD.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8005DAAB30, 0xFFFFFA8005DAAE10, 0xFFFFF80003396240)

Minidump from the BSOD: View attachment mindump-bsod.rar

Last edited:
Did a system repair install, it worked for a day, then now i got BSOD and i cant boot windows now.
It says: Something is corrupted in my Boot.

0xc000000e error

Could you describe your hard drive configuration? More than one, any other OSes, any external drives? Could a drive be failing?

I saw one post concerning a bios problem causing drive errors if it was a SATA plugged into certain ports on certain Intel motherboards (P55).

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
cpu: intel core i7 860 2,8ghz S1156 oem
hdd: 500gb hdd sata samsung + 64gb 2,5" sata2 ssd adata s596

only Win7 ultimate is installed

the strange thing is i got that 0xc000000e error than after several restart 5-6+ it got fixed
but it seems everyday i got a bsod then i had to restart my comp 5-6 times sometimes plug off from electricity and restart again and it is ok

Is the SSD your boot drive?

What ports do you have the drives plugged into?

You might want to post your dump file on the BSOD forum to see if they can help. Some of those folks can extract .rar files, but I cannot.

I think if I were you, I might try installing the system to a normal drive and testing. If you continue to get the blue screens without the SSC connected, we will have to look elsewhere.

I have no experience with an SSD, but perhaps there are special procedures or install requirements for Win 7.

Since you have a P55 motherboard, also make sure the drives are not plugged into ports 6 or 7.

One other thing they may mention in the BSOD forum is something seems to be causing a Werfault.exe error. You can adjust the settings in Windows Error Reporting to not report at all or exclude certain programs. You might try some of the options.

On the start Menu search box, type problem then choose Choose how to Report a Problem from the choices. To stop it completely, you may have to stop the service directly, but not sure about this.

This might just be the result of some other problems, but it seems you should have some messages either in the Action Center, or the Event Viewer.

Last edited:
Thank for help from both of you.
Since i bought that computer im only having problems with it, always bsod cant run some programs or just incompatibility errors ...

Im really thinking about switching back to XP, never had any problem with it for years.

Yesterday was everything fine was able to work/play on the computer but today again i cant start it, again the 0xc000000f or 0xc000000e errors on boot.

But i got the dump files saved yesterdays so hoping for the best.

(tried windows upgrade/system restore with win7 cd but none of them worked)

Back