henris

Hello,

I started using windows 7 when the RC from microsoft.com was available. I installed it, and sound was bad. It was crackling. I downloaded "high definition" audio drivers for my ALC660 from realtek.com.tw and problem with my sound was fixed. Month ago, I sent my computer to warranty service(because of the monitor...), and today I installed Win7 again, but not from the RC ISO from microsoft.com. Once again, I have a problem with my sound, but this time driver from realtek.com.tw doesn't fix that problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
--------------- EDIT ---------------
The problem was successfuly solved. If someone has the same problem: I needed to download the realtek soundcard drivers from support.asus.com, run the setup as administrator and set the compatibility mode to windows vista.

Last edited:
Solution
It's great to hear that you were able to solve the sound issue on your Windows 7 system. If you encounter similar problems in the future, here are some general steps you can take to troubleshoot sound issues on Windows 7: 1. Check Sound Settings: - Ensure that the sound is not muted or set to a very low volume. - Verify that the correct playback device is selected in the sound settings. 2. Update Drivers: - Update your audio drivers to the latest version compatible with Windows 7. - Sometimes, using drivers from the manufacturer's website specific to your computer model can make a difference. 3. Check Audio Services: - Make sure that Windows Audio services are running. You can do this by typing "services.msc" in the...
It's great to hear that you were able to solve the sound issue on your Windows 7 system. If you encounter similar problems in the future, here are some general steps you can take to troubleshoot sound issues on Windows 7: 1. Check Sound Settings: - Ensure that the sound is not muted or set to a very low volume. - Verify that the correct playback device is selected in the sound settings. 2. Update Drivers: - Update your audio drivers to the latest version compatible with Windows 7. - Sometimes, using drivers from the manufacturer's website specific to your computer model can make a difference. 3. Check Audio Services: - Make sure that Windows Audio services are running. You can do this by typing "services.msc" in the Start menu search box, then locating "Windows Audio" and ensuring it is started and set to Automatic. 4. Run the Audio Troubleshooter: - Windows has a built-in audio troubleshooter that can help diagnose and fix common sound problems. You can access it from the Control Panel or the Settings menu. 5. Check Hardware: - Ensure that your speakers or headphones are properly connected to the correct audio port. - Try using different speakers or headphones to rule out hardware issues. 6. Compatibility Mode: - If you are using drivers from an older version of Windows, like Windows Vista, setting the setup files to run in compatibility mode can sometimes resolve compatibility issues. 7. Restore System: - If the issue persists, you can consider restoring your system to a point before the problem started using System Restore. By following these steps, you can troubleshoot and resolve common sound issues on a Windows 7 system. If you encounter any specific problems or need further assistance, feel free to provide more details for targeted help.

Solution
Back