Windows 8 All Sound is gone from Internet sites on my Computer.

terryleemartin

Yesterday I plugged in a headphone/microphone to use Dragon, a voice recognition software. It may be just a coincidence, but since then I haven't been able to hear any sound off the internet. I have a High definition audio device 5.1 surround speaker system that still plays mp3's, and movie DVD's, just fine through my speakers and/or my headphones. If I make a mistake in typing, I hear the error bell or computer sound through my speakers. However, if I go to youtube or some news outlet, or anything online, I hear no sound.

I've gone to my device manager and selected each of the sound devices and set them as the default device, but it doesn't help. I check the properties on each of the devices and get the response that the device is working properly. It is hard to argue with a computer, but I certainly disagree, because I still get no Internet sounds.

I'm running Windows 8. Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz with 32GB RAM. DirectX version 11.

If you're getting sound off your computer and other physical media, that tells me its a software issue rather than a hardware/driver problem. I've noticed lately that when I check out a youtube video it plays just fine and sound works...then I go back the next day and there is no sound. I have to check the sound slide bar on the actual youtube video itself to make sure it's up to a decent listening level....I slide mine all the way up, then adjust the main volume from my keyboard.

Like I said this is something that I just started noticing in the past week or so.....and I think it has something to do with Youtube itself as there seems to be some subtle changes being made to it's layout. I would check the actual sound tab on the actual flash player being used while on the net.

I agree with bassfisher, I have had to do what he said for my youtubes to get sound. Today my youtube is working properly.

If you're getting sound off your computer and other physical media, that tells me its a software issue rather than a hardware/driver problem. I've noticed lately that when I check out a youtube video it plays just fine and sound works...then I go back the next day and there is no sound. I have to check the sound slide bar on the actual youtube video itself to make sure it's up to a decent listening level....I slide mine all the way up, then adjust the main volume from my keyboard.

Like I said this is something that I just started noticing in the past week or so.....and I think it has something to do with Youtube itself as there seems to be some subtle changes being made to it's layout. I would check the actual sound tab on the actual flash player being used while on the net.

You are absolutely correct. I made an unfortunate assumption in thinking that the whole Internet wasn't producing sound. I appreciate the help. Thank you

Back