Amazon

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I don't know what is going on, because I just received the speakers that I ordered from Amazon, and they are DOA. The fact that they are DOA is not what throws me, but the fact that when I selected the return button or that order, I was taken to a page that said:
For safety reasons, items that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases cannot be returned to Amazon.com. Customers should dispose of hazardous materials according to Local, State and Federal regulations. Customers should contact their local government or local waste company for directions on how to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste.

and there it dead ends. I can only assume the hazardous aspect is in regards to the fact that the speakers have magnets inside, and a sticker on the box that says that it can't be shipped by air, but obviously it isn't necessary to ship via air.

I started looking for a link to either email or phone them, but I can't find either. I guess I'm going blind...does anyone have a seeing eye dog?

EDIT: Never mind, I finally groped around and found the contact method.

Last edited:
Wow, That's weird! They say that they can't accept a return shipment, but they are going to send me another set of speakers. It makes no sense to me, but I guess as long as I get a working set of speakers it's okay with me. Under the circumstances, I guess there is no danger of them sending me used or refurbed speakers.

Last edited:
Since I hadn't received any shipping information on these speakers, I sent an email to their support today, which I just received a response to. Apparently, I had gotten the last of these speakers they had in stock, so they are going to refund my purchase.

That is good, but it still leaves me without any speakers, because what I had found otherwise are more expensive and from less credible sources, or in one case, considerably cheaper, but from a retailer that I refuse to do business with. I've been hoping to find some middle ground, finding the speakers at a reasonable price, from a good source, but if that exists, I don't know where?

Since they are letting me keep the DOA speakers, I have one other choice to look into, to see if I can combine components of my old series 1 speakers with that of the new series II speakers and have a working set for free. I like that word free, but it also means trying something that I'm really not sure if I can accomplish, because if the new speakers are identical to the old ones, it would mean either using the potentiometer from the new set (if that isn't the reason they don't work, and soldering it into the old system. That doesn't sound too difficult, except that my skill with a soldering iron leaves a lot to be desired.

On the other hand, I don't know exactly what the problem with the new speakers is, and it may or may not be possible torepair the new set with something from the old. Won't know what is what, until I take the new ones apart. The worst that could happen is that the primary speaker on both sets become junk, but even at that, it would leave one satellite speaker from each set that would work in combination with my other speaker system.

Amazon got more of these speakers and I ordered another set, which were actually $11 cheaper than the first set, so it appears that all is well.

Last edited:
Back