Annoying Chrome Pop-Up Ad

Hermitkrab

I'm getting a lot of annoying pop-up ads from Chrome browser while I'm browsing in the Edge browser, which I use most of the time. I have Chrome installed on my other laptop, and it's an OK browser. However, I use Edge and sometimes Firefox on my 2nd laptop and don't care to be bombarded by Chrome to install its browser. The pop-up blocker in Edge is turned on, but evidently Google has found a way to circumvent it. Either that or the blocker in Edge isn't up to par.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
This would be something independent of Chrome. It does not hook into other browsers.

Hermitkrab

Thanks, Neemo. I just finished installing an extension for Edge, uBlock Origin. I'll see if that helps. I've noticed the pop-ups appear primarily when I access my gmail accounts, which are obviously Google related.

Hermitkrab

Well, that new ad blocker didn't help. The Chrome ad still appears, especially when using Gmail. I can live with it if I must, but there must be a way to eliminate it completely.

Axel PC

Yeah, Google sites will spam you to death to install Chrome when you're on Edge!

Hermitkrab

Hmmm. Maybe if I install Chrome the ads will go away. Don't know. May try it. I have plenty of space on my HDD. :scratch:

Axel PC

I think it's just because you're visiting Google sites on Edge.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.