Windows 10 Annoying Chrome Pop-Up Ad

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I'm getting a lot of annoying pop-up ads from Chrome browser while I'm browsing in the Edge browser, which I use most of the time. I have Chrome installed on my other laptop, and it's an OK browser. However, I use Edge and sometimes Firefox on my 2nd laptop and don't care to be bombarded by Chrome to install its browser. The pop-up blocker in Edge is turned on, but evidently Google has found a way to circumvent it. Either that or the blocker in Edge isn't up to par.

This would be something independent of Chrome. It does not hook into other browsers.

Thanks, Neemo. I just finished installing an extension for Edge, uBlock Origin. I'll see if that helps. I've noticed the pop-ups appear primarily when I access my gmail accounts, which are obviously Google related.

Well, that new ad blocker didn't help. The Chrome ad still appears, especially when using Gmail. I can live with it if I must, but there must be a way to eliminate it completely.

Yeah, Google sites will spam you to death to install Chrome when you're on Edge!

Hmmm. Maybe if I install Chrome the ads will go away. Don't know. May try it. I have plenty of space on my HDD. :scratch:

None of the suggestions worked .It is absolutely annoying every time i am opening new tab which as google as my home page this installation reminder popup comes and and suddenly it hangs my computer until i click on ''No thanks''.I even tried switching my home page to google.uk but nothing happened .I am just done with this recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom