Windows 10 Any chance that my computer will be cracked into?

Dominic

So hi guys,
I just lost my laptop today. I was so mad because i didnt pay attention and left my seat for a second and the laptop is gone. But i have one concern about the security of Window 10. Is there a way that they can crack into my computer? I have BitLocker on. i use my laptop mostly for school, but beside that i do log on my banking accounts and other sites which are school-related. I changed all of my password but still so worried that my information my be stolen. I talked to an representative on Microsoft support website and they told me that they assure that there is no way to have access into my laptop but to reset it? Is that true?

Attachments

• 43A6CDEA-79A6-47BB-AE0B-54D4F7E2211F.jpeg
    43A6CDEA-79A6-47BB-AE0B-54D4F7E2211F.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 107
Well nothing is 100% secure. Now that we have that out of the way is your data accessible, unlikely. Without a dump of the memory from which the key can be extracted it would likely take someone years to try and brute force the encryption on the drive and the same could be said about using the computer for banking and other authenticated sites. If the passwords are saved on disk there are tools in some cases that could be used to recover those, but they would have to get through bit locker first not to mention the fact that you changed your passwords.

It's more likely that if someone decided to keep the laptop that they would just wipe it out and install another operating system rendering your data irretrievable.

Too late for you, but, a reminder that in the Settings- security section, there is now an item which will track your computer. I have experimented with it and it works. I think (and hope) it uses the registered motherboard key.
Not sure how far it can get if the thief quickly changes, or reinstalls, the Os however.

Back