Windows 10 Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
With secure browsing in mind, I've been experimenting with various browsers that are advertised to offer good security in the Internet. I'm currently trying Yandex, which is Russian designed. Knowing how adept the Russians are, do you think I should have any concerns about their software, as far as containing any sort of tracking malware. I do like the browser thus far and wouldn't mind using it as my main browser, unless any of you can think of a reason why I shouldn't. I use open wi-fi at the place where I live and have been using a portable hotspot device when doing any financial transactions. It appears that Yandex is pretty secure and safe . I think my concerns are unfounded. After all, there are other secure browsers that originate with foreign countries, such as Opera (China), as well as others.What are your thoughts?

I don't know that browser, but I was thinking of the search engine you use. It is the key to the Internet. If you are using the Google - or Bing search engine, why would you go to an unknown browser? If it is a Russian search engine I really don't know.
Somewhere I read that Ixquick is a save, but you won't get the results of Google.

Any other thoughts?

. Well, I've had second thoughts. I'm done playing with different browsers. I've uninstalled Yandex and reinstalled Chrome PLUS Express VPN. I think I'll be OK with that combo. :)

Other browsers I've tried recently: Opera, Epic, Vivaldi, and others, whose names I've forgotten.

Back