Windows 7 Anybody else noticed catalyst 10.6 on a fresh install doesnt work with avivo?

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
Anybody else noticed catalyst 10.6 on a fresh install doesnt work with avivo? never had issues on 10-10.5 with it, but it's annoying cos i finallly upgraded my camcorder this week and now the damn thing just isn't there even after a seperate install of the avivo software. On previous builds it showed up in the video panel on the CCC app, now theres no link to the video converter app, nor can i find it in the ati folders... very strange.

I'm not sure if my reinstall this week is to blame or if it's 10.6

Hmm curiously the problem was resolved by installing again with all the component standalone installers, rather than the all-in-one..

Hmm curiously the problem was resolved by installing again with all the component standalone installers, rather than the all-in-one..

Good info. I don't reinstall my catalyst every month, because it takes a lot of time to uninstall each ATI component with rebooting several times, then it takes time to install each component, driver, catalyst, hydras, have to reboot several times again. No fun, only if it's worth it.

What can you say about 10.6? I read not so good reviews about it, did you notice any lags with the driver?

Can't say any issues for games, however I'm getting a curious issue on playing my new camcorder's H264 avi files on mediai player where it has a noticable flicker.... yet VLC has no such issue, tried a full wipe to clear any codec issues, doesn't seem to have made any difference, stumped.

Anybody else noticed catalyst 10.6 on a fresh install doesnt work with avivo? never had issues on 10-10.5 with it, but it's annoying cos i finallly upgraded my camcorder this week and now the damn thing just isn't there even after a seperate install of the avivo software. On previous builds it showed up in the video panel on the CCC app, now theres no link to the video converter app, nor can i find it in the ati folders... very strange.

I'm not sure if my reinstall this week is to blame or if it's 10.6

I've read in several forums about users having problems with these drivers.. Luckily 10.7 is due on the 21st July and if it's anything like the beta then it's much improved..

I read that VideoLAN player (VLC) is to have full hardware GPU acceleration on Ati cards from Catalyst 10.7, current build has partially working support apparently.

Back
Top Bottom