Windows 7 Anyboody tried making a Live CD (like Bartpe)

jimbo45

Hi guys

I was in the past quite an enthousiastic user of Bartpe ( a Windows XP recovery system that totally ran from a CD / DVD ( Like Live CD Linux distros). Link to Bartpe Nu2 Productions Website

This built essentially a Windows XP "Pre installation Environment" rather like the Internal WinPE (used for windows deployments) . However it had a decent Windows GUI and you could customize it by adding your own applications as plugins.

There is a Forum on this incredibly useful site (building bootable CD's, USB's etc etc) for Bartpe --just scroll down to the Bartpe section.
The CD Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Note to build this you must have a LEGALLY licensed copy of Windows (an OEM copy is also fine).

The main problem with Bartpe is that it's based on Windows XP which is getting a bit long in the tooth these days

I'm just wondering if anybody has attempted to make a "Windows 7 Live CD". could be a useful recovery / diagnostic tool.

I'll get round to it sooner or later but hoping someone has already done the work.

Cheers
jimbo

"Bump"

I to am curious to see if this is possible for a backup purpose using todo-backup.

Back
Top Bottom