Anyone Else Get An Email like This From the forum?

Andrea Borman

Honorable Member
I got an email from this forum Windows Forums a few hours ago -What's Going On?

Email From Windows Forums-This Forum:
Sorry to disturb you, Andrea Borman. This e-mail is being sent to all Windows Forums (Windows Forum) members to determine which e-mails bounce on deliver. For security reasons, these accounts will be required to re-authenticate their e-mail address, using our new e-mail authentication protocol. If you've received this message, you are currently registered ( email adress)

To find out more about the changes taking place in our community, we encourage you to join us!

I was wondering if any other members here have got the same email? So what is going on admin?

Last edited by a moderator:
This e-mail was sent out to determine which registered members no longer had a valid e-mail address, so that the mail server would stop e-mailing them. There is nothing more to it than that.

This e-mail was sent out to determine which registered members no longer had a valid e-mail address, so that the mail server would stop e-mailing them. There is nothing more to it than that.
Well it said something about being asked to verify my email address. So do I have to or is it okay I don't now have to do this?

Nope. if you got the e-mail it is verified already. The point is we were looking for e-mails of registered members that bounce back as being invalid e-mail addresses. This is so the website can reclassify these members as having an invalid email address. You are fine.

Back