Windows 7 Anyone get thier older Laserjet printers to work?

BKSinAZ

I got a laserjet 1200 and it won't work under Win 7, not even with Vista drivers.
In XP, no drivers were needed.

I have a 1200 and 2100 running 100%.
I think the 2100 set up itself, on initial install, using the 7 provided drivers. I don't remember any problems with the 1200, but I did have to use the " Add printer" facility. The 1200 is listed in the local printer drivers drop down menu.

Just in case: Devices and Printers in the Start menu.
Add a Printer
Add a Local printer
select the appropriate port, or create a new one.
Next
Select the 1200 from the drop down menu.
Here you may ned a little adjustment. See if it installs via the internet, or, if you have it, go to the lower pane and select browse.
Browse to your DVD or, to the folder where you have placed the downloaded drivers. Get them from the HP site, if you do not have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 1200 and 2100 running 100%.
I think the 2100 set up itself, on initial install, using the 7 provided drivers. I don't remember any problems with the 1200, but I did have to use the " Add printer" facility. The 1200 is listed in the local printer drivers drop down menu.

Just in case: Devices and Printers in the Start menu.
Add a Printer
Add a Local printer
select the appropriate port, or create a new one.
Next
Select the 1200 from the drop down menu.
Here you may ned a little adjustment. See if it installs via the internet, or, if you have it, go to the lower pane and select browse.
Browse to your DVD or, to the folder where you have placed the downloaded drivers. Get them from the HP site, if you do not have them.

So are you saying that I don't have to download a driver because it is built into Win 7?
I have the LaserJet 1200 and can not get it to work with any drivers I've downloaded.

It is shown, as I say, in the drop down menu. I have had a closer look at mine and I can see that it is using XP drivers.
If it will not install automatically, go to this page:
Link Removed - Invalid URL and download the first on the list and install it.
Third choice, When you extract, the files will be placed in a folder of your choice. Create a folder (HP) . After that, try to install the driver again, from the Add Printer, feature, but this time select the browse option and browse to the directory you have just created.
Uninstall, if they exist, any drivers you have already, before you try the above.

Back