Windows 7 Anyone Have Experience With AX64 BackUp ??

sidmoore

The title of this thread says it. AX64 looks like the best thing since sliced bread. Anyone using it?

Sid

Never heard of it. Acronis True Image, Paragon, Macrium are top 3 and then there's Aomei and EaseUS to round out the top 5 best well known. I'm currently using Aomei Pro...paid version and like it quite well.

If it works, use it. Far too many times, no one has a valid backup. Because I do not have access to my main system at this time, and my previous laptop was melted (please, don't ask), I am in the process of swapping out hard drives from a slow 5400RPM conventional to SSD. The first process in doing this is, of course, backup, backup, backup. Ultimately, this has become a huge industry, because time and again, people lose their data. Big money is spent on backup and recovery when going to a professional shop. One way to avoid this is to simply acquire a high capacity drive for off-site storage, that can be connected via USB (preferably USB3 or eSATA), and do offline bare metal backups. These tend to be more precise and have less of a fail rate because you are essentially creating an image backup of the entire system while the operating system is off. The worst thing that can possibly happen is that you create a backup, rely upon it for months, and come to find it is no longer valid or able to restore properly. Because of these anomalies I have encountered many times, I would even rule out incremental and differential backups, preferring always, so long as storage is cheap and available, to do rolling full backups of a given system, if at all possible.

Back